A Beginner’s Guide to Understanding Databases
FREE SQL Database Tutorials
SQLDatabaseTutorials.com makes it easy to learn the concepts of relational databases and the powerful Structured Query Language (SQL) programming language.
The database design and programming tutorials we have in place provide the fundamental SQL skills and techniques that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables, create database objects, and query meta data. The courses also cover the advanced features of SQL in order to query and manipulate data within the database and much more.
Additionally, the trainings are designed to maximize the understanding of how to get the most out of Oracle technology, and they do also prepare you to earn a well-respected Oracle Certification that increases your chances of getting hired and/or promoted.
- Identify entities, instances, relationships, and attributes
- Understand the process of data normalization
- Create an Entity Relations Diagram (ERD) based on organizational needs
- Explain the basics of relational databases
- Describe data/column types with regard to efficient database design
- View database design structure and content
- Create a database design by using efficient structure
- Extract basic database information by use the SELECT command
- Troubleshoot and identify typical syntax warnings and errors
- Delete or modify a database and table row data
- Group query data with aggregation
- Connect data from multiple table rows by using JOIN
- Perform nested subqueries
- Use functions (String, Date, Numerical)
- Explain MySQL storage engines and transactions, and the features of common engines
- Export and import database data
- Obtain database metadata
- Monitor server database performance
- Perform database backup and recovery